1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

City folks

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Nupine, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    A few days ago we were at Rite Aid. It was the evening, liek maybe 8 or 8:30, and we were checking out. My mom told me that when we get home we need to go catch the chickens [free range] and put them in the coop. Thsi was because a friend was coming the next morning. The woman at the register looked horrified, as though we had said we were demanding money from her! She said, ''Catch chickens?''with this disgusted tone. We said explained how chickens roost at night and can't see too well in the dark so they are easy to catch. She was so surprised at that. Then she went on to expalin how she was a city girl who moved to the country. Then she said a few days ago she was outside trimming hedges and she saw a little goat about 50 ft from her, and he was kinda running into bushes and such, so she figured he was blind. She said she was so terrified for her life that she ran to the front door of her house. She then said the screen door was locked, so she was terrified that she took her hedge trimmer and CUT through the screen door, even though the goat wasn't chasing her! I could not stop laughing! This was a maybe 50 or 60 yr old woman so terrified of a harmless goat that she cut though her screen door. Weird. She then said the goat belonged to the Amish and they came andpicked the blind goat up. She also said when she went the the Amish farm to buy veggies, that she saw a mule and hse had never seen a mule and she ran backthe car because she was so scared. [​IMG] I really get a kick out of city people liek this. My friends and i think it is great fun to get chased and knocked to the ground hard by their 150 #-200# ram. It is a blast!
    Ashlyn

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Poor lady. That's what you call "extreme animalphobia"!

3. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Quote:Watch out!!!! Rabid mule-creatures from outer space!!!!!!!

Good grief [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  4. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    When some of my friends found out I had chickens they sounded horrified! Told me how nasty they are and such. [​IMG]

I told her, "At least my chicken doesn't poop in the house like your dog."

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] She took her hedge trimer and cut through her screen door! Oh brother! How silly is that?! [​IMG]

6. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Quote:Nice comeback!

7. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    Wow, I can believe it. If I saw a goat in my yard I might cut through the screen door to get into my house to get the poor goat some food![​IMG] People are always telling me how horrible chickens are!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by