City girl just bought a small farm...

aChixlady

Chirping
Feb 12, 2020
Hello Everyone! I’m Rosemary. We are Ohio. Go Bucks! OH-
My fiancé and I just bought a small farm. We are truly excited! We are both city folk who crave travel and getting away all the time. We decided to ditch the city comforts and get our hands real dirty, hopefully. Instead of always running away to a destination, we decided to run home and finally leap for happier living! I am extremely novice to chickens and here to learn all I can and then keep in learning more! We are set to move in the next few months and I’ve already placed an order of 10 chicks, all for a plentiful hued egg basket! Plus the Polish and Sultan just cause they are so darn funny to look at and I want to cuddle them! :love We have several stalls and different areas of pastures to hopefully accommodate other farm animals but one at a time.
1581513612442.jpeg

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes! I am picking these beauties up in May...

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We will have 10 total, I’m also having a mystery hen added.

(3) What breeds do you have?
See above number 1.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
My goal is fresh colorful eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, intro to holistic living, animals, natural beauty, snorkeling, traveling, swimming, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have a dog, cat, a fish tank, and parakeets. We are both hardworking and unlike my hubby to be he’s been at his career for many years. Me, I’m a Jane of all trades if you will. I’ve meddled in just about everything that has nothing to do with the other, a little bit of knowledge in an array of things and the experience that has came along by choosing the jobs I have. Crazy when I look back...but it’s still a craving of mine to tackle this homesteading life. I plan to learn about 4-h and throw myself into the community programs and read, read, read.
1581514244959.jpeg

I bought that Encyclopedia book and I can’t put it down! OMG you guys, literally every page is making me thirst for more knowledge! I’ve been highlighting!
Any advice for a novice small profit hobby farmer girl?
Please, feel free to comment!!
Have a great day!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Google, Best Chicken thread info, just all around a fantastic website and community of members who really look out for one another.
This is my kinda group. I’ve found it!

Back
Top Bottom