City girl just bought a small farm...

Welcome to the flock!

If there’s one thing you need to know before you dive in, it’d be to get your coops built before ordering the little ones. That was our biggest mistake, we went to tractor supply to ‘look around’ and came home with two ducklings and four chicks. I don’t regret it, but if I had the chance to go back I’d build the coop first. Thankfully we were able to find a portable coop (tractor?) that someone was selling as they were moving. Best of luck with your future flock!

:welcome:D
Hi! Welcome! I am fairly new as well. This is our first year homesteading and raising chickens. I have 7 pullets( under a year old hens) Dominques, Barred Rocks, and New Hampshire Reds.
They just started laying eggs.
You will learn so much from this site! I Find the people here have so much experience and knowledge that they are willing to share with anyone who asks.
Somethings - food, predators, health and just good advice. I have learned so much!

enjoy!!!

:welcome

Hi Rosemary, it's nice to have you here! Keep an extra close eye on those smaller breed girls with the top knots because sometimes the bigger ones will pick at them.

Best of luck with your upcoming flock and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom