1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

City girls making fun of my chickens!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ozark hen, Jul 11, 2007.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    My step daughter works for a huge trucking company...I sent her lots of pics of my new silkies..who were sitting on a towel on my dining room table. Now I am hearing lots of funny comments on the chicks being in the house. They are saying no one, not even farm girls, keeps livestock in the house until it ends up on the dinner table for dinner. ha ha I told them they probably freak over a tick. I told them I talk to lots of farm women on this site who know to raise their baby poultry in the house in a box with heating lamp. ha ha city girls!! ha ha I know, I used to be one!!

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Well, that just shows thier inteligence on chickens. They are probably the same ones that buy Easter Dyed chick for the kids...and let them suffer. UGH! We all know better, and you are a great chicken momma!!

3. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    thank you Deb, I also ended my note to them....Jesus was born in a manger..smile.

4. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Don't feel bad...I went out on a date with a lady and it went great. We had a lot in common, education, background, interests, etc. She also knew I had chickens in the backyard as a hobby. We had several other dates and then on a Saturday had plans to go hiking. She came to my house...the first time and saw one of my favorite little roosters prancing around the kitchen and dining room (he is restricted to those rooms because of the linoleum). Well that was it!!!! Out she went to her car screaming what a crazy person I am because I let a dirty chicken in the house...lol. Good riddance, I say...:)

5. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    wow, I'm sorry that happened to you but you are right, good riddance, but the idea of people saying things like that to other people about you is just wrong.
    She emailed me back and said they really enjoyed the pics but I doubt I will send anymore to her. ha ha These are people in the "rat-race" and playing "keeping up with the Jones's", sorry to say. All very young and immature. They will learn someday to relax and enjoy life. ha ha

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

One day...they will be calling you for advice on raising chickens. LOL And I would start with.....WHY would you want stinky,filthy chickens? [​IMG] THEN show them the proper way to care for them.

7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Well, they haven't been on many farms, then! Orphaned lambs and calves, baby chicks, injured birds - as a kid I even knew one old farmer in his late 90's who insisted that we bring our little pony into his living room regularly to visit!

8. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    you are so right!! I remember animals in my grandmother's kitchen when I was little. And that was back east! ha ha
    they are just young girls so I will blow it off.

9. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    Quote:wow! she actually up and left?? i'm dating myself and i warn them about the chicks in the house. i think they don't believe me cuz when they finally see it, they're really surprised. but there's no way, until i have the right facility, will i have those chicks outside. they're my money makers and i don't need them dying on me.

10. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Some people, [​IMG] they have no idea we have all the wonderful experiences with animals.Maybe one day they'll see.
    Miriam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by