City of Chicken Coops! I need suggestions and a Name!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by OkChickens, Jul 2, 2011.

1. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I am moving in November and I am planning on keeping 3-4 breeds. I am building 3-4 coops in the next few weeks to have them all separate. My coops are 4x8 coop and atleast 4x10 possibly 8x10 run. I probably have 6-8 or so chickens in it. My Breeds are going to be B/B/S Orpingtons, Lavender Orpingtons, and Rhode Island Whites. Also having 10-15 Guineas in a much larger coop. I will have them all free ranging all day everyday except in the spring when I will be hatching the bulk of my Eggs. Let me know what you all think and any suggestions are appreciated!

I need to find a name for there neighborhood!

The Material

[​IMG]

A little later

[​IMG]

Couple of hours later.

[​IMG]

Nate

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Update!

Almost done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All that's left is to hang the door, paint, cut windows, and put tin on the roof!

Nate

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Nice little coops.I need some! What was your material list?

Not good at naming,but I would play around with the breed names like Rocky Road Whites,Orpington Lane,and ???

4. Mama Hen Chris

Mama Hen Chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    What city are you moving to? Might help with suggesting a name. [​IMG]

5. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Chick-o-pulles (chickopolis)

6. gvilledh

gvilledh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Look on here for Huckleberry Farm and then go to her website. She has a similar setup. She has Rainbow Egg Row since we have Rainbow Row in Charleston with the many colored houses. We have just repurposed building for a coop that is about 5 by 8. When they are that small, ventilation is a big thing. They heat up quickly in the summer and you have to worry about ammonia buildup, too. The more vents you can add near the top, the better. We ended up doubling our ventilation after the first two weeks. I think you are going to have a blast!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by