City of London Ky poultry law

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by conny63malies, Oct 10, 2011.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    We might move there so i send them a email asking about owning poultry. THe building inspector wrote me an email back already.

You must have a half acre of land or more, a fence that will prevent the animals from leaving the owner's property, you must remove all feces, and you can only house 5 or less non crowing poultry and no more that 1 crowing poultry in accordance with the remainder of this sub section..

the house we are looking at has .56 acre!!!!! so we could have 5 chickens and a rooster and if the neighbors are ok i might sneak a pair of muscovies too.

2. eastcoast chicken

eastcoast chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    WOW what a small world I too would like to move back to Kentucky (London County) where we have relatives and I was born. I have chickens now and would not move back if I could not have chickens in that county. So thanks you did the research for me I now know that you have to have at least 1/2 an acre. It might take me a couple of years to get back but I will get back to Kentucky!

3. PixieChixie

PixieChixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    I live in a suburban area in California on a lot of the same size, but we can have up to ten hens, but no roosters. But here is a difference between how many 'we' can legally have and how many *I* am allowed to get. So, we're building room for six.

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:there is a house for sale on 83 Jackson Church in London. Its a smaller 3bdr but it has .58 acre and that makes them legal. It also has mature trees so sneaking a few extra might be possible, esepc when they all look the same. BTW the house is only 34K. We got relatives in Corbin.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by