City of LR over HOA rules?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by nwashburn, Apr 6, 2018.

1. nwashburn

nwashburn Hatching

Apr 6, 2018
    Whose rules do you think would trump whose? Trying to see if the city of little rock rules have more barring than HOA rules. Even though I haven't found much on our HOA docs. I did find a clause that says "No animals or poultry shall be kept on any site or common area except a reasonable number of ordinary household pets belonging to the household". I guess they would be like my pets...Thanks for your input!

2. The Moonshiner

The Moonshiner Professional Chicken Tender

Nov 17, 2016
    Missouri
    Both apply but HOA trumps city. So if city says ok but HOA says no then its a no.
    Also when it says no poultry but household pets are allowed chickens are always considered poultry not pets.

rosemarythyme and venymae like this.
  3. Ohmyheart

Ohmyheart Songster

Mar 27, 2017
    North Little Rock, AR
    Sadly HOA will trump. It's like signing a lease for an apartment that says no pets. By signing it you agree to no pets. Same with the HOA signing means you accept the terms. Some HOA are pretty nasty so don't try to sneak them by as pets.

4. Bobby Basham

Bobby Basham Crowing

Jul 20, 2012
    Tucson, Arizona
    My HOA says a "reasonable number" of poultry are allowed. Don't know what that means, but I have 12 for the time being (a few roos in the bunch which have to go) and may end up with 8 hens. Somebody goofed up on the sexing during my order from MyPetChicken.

5. Littlebirdfarms

Littlebirdfarms Songster

Apr 11, 2018
    AR
    I live in Conway, AR and our ordinances don't say anything aside from noise. I have too many roos that I have to stow away each night to keep the neighborhood from being awakened at 5:30am. What about some quail? Nice and low-key.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: