1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

City of Tuscaloosa ordinance for backyard chickens???

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by T-Townchicks, Feb 26, 2013.

1. T-Townchicks

T-Townchicks New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    I have been searching the net and even looked here for laws and ordinances for the city of Tuscaloosa and can not find anything, I don't know what to do or who to call to find out anything. Do you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

2. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
  3. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    I just compared the City Ordinance for Northport with the City Ordinance for Tuscaloosa and there is one "loop hole" so to speak for T-Town that Northport doesn't have... "provided, that any rabbit or fowl which is kept inside a residence or building as a pet or ornament shall not be subject to this provision". So if you can keep your chickens inside a garage and call them a "pet", the city ordinance doesn't pertain to you. Interesting.
    James

4. bigshoteggs

bigshoteggs New Egg

Jul 14, 2013
    I love being zoned COUNTY. Bwhahahah. I'm 3 houses from the city line, and I intend to build a flock. ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by