City Slicker coop and run

tlagnhoj

Songster
13 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Indy
I thought I'd share my coop and run pics since I know how much I benefited from seeing others when I was starting this process. Ultimately we opted for a pre-manufactured coop for time purposes (certainly not for budget reasons
ep.gif
). But the run was entirely created by us.

Basic 2x4 construction. Carsiding and 2x12s for the shelter/shade. And a standard wooden screen door from the local hardware store. It doesn't look that big from the pics, but it's about 7x8. And the coolest part: the side closest to the house is right up against a window, so I can see them anytime I want from inside!!!!
gig.gif

P1040072.jpg

It's their first night out in the new digs. Hope they like it.

Oh, and I have 5 Barred Rocks. You can see two of them on the ground in front of the coop just at the mid-line 2x4. They will be 5wks old Monday.

Looks pretty good for a City Slicker....lol...just kidding. Your idea of having it close to the house with the window is awesome idea, very clever
thumbsup.gif
!

Last edited:
I love when people go against the grain and make it a point to co-habitate with animals such as chickens within city limits. Good for you for knowing what you want and doing such a great job of creating a homey, safe environment for them. Oh, and I love the window thing
tongue.png

Very nice set up.
clap.gif
Might want to hang a outside roost pole an throw a tarp or cover over it this winter to keep the snow out (kinda like a rain fly on a tent) this will let them enjoy that nice run year around.
wee.gif

Looks great! If you feel like they need more room, you could always roll the coop out, cut a hole in your run wire and drop the ramp in. Securing against the beasts of the night of course!

Back
Top Bottom