1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

City to country girl and new chicken farmher

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 512farm, Dec 7, 2015.

1. 512farm

512farm New Egg

Nov 22, 2015
    Ball, Louisiana
    Hello everyone!! I am new to country living. Last July, after a lifetime of living in the suburbs of California, decided to move back to my family farm in Central Louisiana. (Other folks in Louisiana?) One month later I bought 10 chicks and now we're off and running with nine hens and one surprise rooster. I modified a storage shed into a chicken coop and am building a chicken run. Prior to building the coop, I had never used a circular saw and had only used a drill to hang a picture or two. I have three Dominique, three Speckled Sussex, two Naked Neck hens, one Naked Neck Rooster, and one Barred Rock. I do have some experience with chickens. I raised two hens in my backyard in California. I love raising and caring for my chicks. Thinking about adding ducks to my flock. We also have 23 cows, three wild ducks, two dogs, and two cats. Thanks for reading and I look forward to learning and getting to know other chicken lovers on this forum.

2. DeepDishChix

DeepDishChix Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2015
    I love chickens, and I hate living in the city. I live in California also, but it's in a residential area. We used to have a house in the country, but we sold it, because it was 6 hours away from the house we live in right know. I had 7 cats and 2 goats, but when we sold the house we had to give them away. [​IMG] [​IMG] Very sad

3. AnimalsRmyLife

AnimalsRmyLife Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2013
    Idaho
    [​IMG]

Hope you continue to have a wonderful time here! We're glad to have you join us!

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. 512farm

512farm New Egg

Nov 22, 2015
    Ball, Louisiana
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and additional information and links. I look forward to learning and growing on this site!!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens [​IMG]

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

10. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by