CityGirlintheCountry's Official Birthday Party

I knew I liked y'all! You brought cake.

I think what is bothering me is that it is the end of an era. I'm officially too old to have kids now. I have no DH now, have never had a DH and haven't had a boyfriend in about a decade. I guess it just hits home that this is likely how my life will be forever. It's hard to let go of the Cinderella fairy tale, you know? I always thought I'd be married with 2.7 children at this point. Oh well...

The point is, we now have cake. Who wants some?

40 is not too late, i have friends who have babies at 42 and 45. i missed out on babies too, i guess that is why i love my critters so much. cheer up, you have life, and you know women are most fabulous in their 40's.....
big_smile.png

I am 49 and holding...

OH BY THE WAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY....
woot.gif

Last edited:
I'm just being whiny, herefordlovinglady. I actually have a really lovely, blessed life. I have a great job, the perfect homestead, terrific friends and a wonderful family. It's just a different life than what I imagined it would be. I always figured I'd have a child along the way. And I realize that the reality is my chance for having kids ended a few years back, but today is the day with the big number on it. I suppose I'm feeling pensive.
smile.png
I too have a houseful of critters that I love and spoil rotten and that certainly is fun, but it is not the same.

I'm okay with the age part. Thirties were great. I figure 40s can only be better. I'm now older than most people. That means I can quit caring about what others think and do exactly as a please. Oh wait... I might have started doing that one early... at any rate, it is all a part of my plan to be an Eccentric Old Southern Lady. I have plans to eventually wear mumus and mow the grass in a big straw hat with a margarita glass in the cup holder and wear my hair in a long, long braid with things stuck in it (Pencils and paint brushes and whatnot). I shall putter about the garden and talk to my chickens and slip candy to all the great nieces and nephews and generally be a bit doddery. I think it is a grand plan and am slowly working my up to it (if you start all at once people think you have cracked and lock you up. If you move slowly nobody notices and will just say "Oh that's just how she is. Bless her heart!"
big_smile.png

So really now, who is cutting the cake?

Southernbelle- I have rehearsal tonight until probably 11pm or so. I taught earlier, so this is one of those 14 hour days. I may run away here in a minute and go do some shopping therapy at the Hobby Lobby.
smile.png
I keep hearing rumors of divey mexican post rehearsal, so the evening might improve dramatically later.
smile.png

Pooey on your mom for denying me some vicarious joy. Or something like that.
tongue.png

The good news is that an aunt sent me surprise birthday money so I think I will be getting 6 buff silkie babies instead of the 4 I had budgeted for. I'm not sure that she realized she would be feeding the addiciton, but hey...
big_smile.png

Happy Birthday, CityGirl!

If it makes you feel any better, my life isn't what I imagined it would be either. I doubt that many people actually live the fairy tale.

I'm just glad that there's CAKE!

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom