CL SCORE! Who needs roofing in Sacramento? Its raining . . .

chickenwhisperer

Songster
12 Years
May 29, 2007
Chicken Country, U S A
So a while back I responded to an ad on CL about some rolls of rabbit wire . . .
I ended up trading a small old outboard motor for 4 rolls, the rolls are 1x2" mesh and 200'x 18".

Fast forward a week, the guy calls me back and says the motor is too big for his boat(itsa small 6hp motor, Ida bought a bigger boat, but I digress)and would I be willing to trade back, I can even keep 2 rolls for my troubles . . . COOL!!! N/P
Got my motor back AND got the wire I wanted(really only needed 1 roll anyways)

When he comes to drop the motor back off, he tells me hes got a few sheets of corrugated galvy metal laying "near the old barn" . . .

We strike a new deal to trade the roofing for a electric trolling motor I had that he wants instead . . .
Couple days later he calls and I go . . .

When I get to his house, he takes me around back and shows me a feild with high weeds . . .
I go out in the field and there is corrugated tin everywhere!
Apparently, his old rabbit barn fell over about 17 years ago, and its all still out there.
The barn was 200' long x 150' wide, and covered all the way around and the roof with the tin.

There was also a stack of "new" unused sheets, bout 40 in total.

Anyways, I just got about 150 sheets of 12' long corrugated roofing in trade for something I dont even use!
Most sheets are in primo condition with only minor surface rust(I think of it as "petina").
There is probably about 3 more loads there still on the ground, that I will be going back for thruought next week . . .

I only need about 15 sheets for myself, the rest I plan to sell.
I thought Id give the BYC folks first shot if anybody needed some roofing, as it started raining yesterday and hasnt let up yet.

I have the 40 "new" pieces that have no holes or bends, the rest have the nail holes where they were installed, about 6 holes per sheet and in the right over-lapping spots.
Most sheets are 12ft long with a few shorter/longer pieces too.
Some sheets are bent, but nothing that installation wouldnt straighten.
I am asking 10$ for the primo sheets, and 5$ for the others, all available locally in Sacramento, I can even deliver for a small fuel fee.
These sheets are not the thin cheap stuff like home depot has, its heavy guage metal and fairly heavy.
A brand new sheet in HD is around $25+, so if you live near Sac and want to save a few bucks building winter shelter for your animals, hit me up!

My email is [email protected]
Thanks, Greg

Nice Score!
droolin.gif

Wish I was closer.

Back
Top Bottom