Clark County Livestock Ordinance Washington Meeting 21st of July!!

PDXModChick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
http://www.clark.wa.gov/longrangeplan/projects/documents/TaskForceRecommendation.pdf

Now
is a good time to "vote with your fork", so to speak, and keep agriculture viable in Clark County.

This is in regards to the Urban Livestock Task Force's newly written ordinance which was accepted by the Clark County Planning Commission on June 18th, and affects anyone living in the Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) directly, but all of us indirectly. You can read the written ordinance with link above.

Even if you personally do not intend on having livestock, this has the potential of creating unmanageable hurdles for many farmers (small and large!) that currently serve your family, and may keep other homesteaders from beginning their own such ventures. We also do not want this to be an example for other counties, or areas within counties.

Many do not even know that they own in the UGB. I urge you to check with the Community Development Land Use Line: 360-397-2375 x4489 to find out.

Please inform yourself as to what is going on, and consider coming to the public meeting on July 21st in Vancouver. We need you!

Glenn Grossman has written a petition requesting that the Board of Clark County Commissioners reject this invasive new ordinance.

Read more here:

Glenn's blog:

http://clarkfoodfarm.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the reminder.
I plan to attend.

I have 8 pullets on 1/2-acre in an area just north of downtown Vancouver but is still zoned County (just before Hazel Dell).

Quote:
Perhaps I will see you there then! Thank you for reading! It's only a matter of time before they try and incorporate us into this plan!!!

If you have land you should be free to provide for yourself! Soon they will tax us on the produce we grow for ourselves!

I was there...alot of people showed up and spoke and then left before it was over. Commissioners moved to continue the discussion in October. Seems everyone agreed that ambiguity had to be sorted out and language changed.

I was last to give comments before they moved on but by then many people had left.

Back
Top Bottom