1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Clasified ad skimming..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebelcowboysnb, Dec 20, 2013.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Most of y'all know I breed Pugs. Usually less than a hand full of puppies a year. I can sell every puppy I have in a day or so every time. So I never have ads up unless I have puppies for sale right then so my ads are up an gone in a day or two an only on one or two sites then.

I have no ads up now but I just got a call from a person with a kid with cancer that wanted a pug. I found out that she is 5 hours away an reading an ad that makes out like I am local an have puppies now. I did a google search an found this. http://www.puppyterritory.com/black-pug-puppies-20415/

I have never been to this site but that is my number an pictures of puppies I sold in August of 2011.

This has happened a lot the last year or two but the disappointment hit home this time so that's why I got nosey to see what was going on.

I dont know if these sites have a person that skims sites for ads or software but anyone have any ideas for what I can post in my adds to show when this is going on?

I was thinking something like "Warning, posted on (site) on (date). If reading this somewhere else do not trust the site you are on.

Edited to add...

I have also found text ads from earlier than that on other sites I have never been to both for my puppies an for cars an truck I sold years ago...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013

2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Crowing

Jan 12, 2010
    Add a date to your listing... 2014 litter...ready by ? date..and then when you cancel the add, change it to read that all pups have all been sold. So if there is a copy floating around, it would read the latest version.... maybe? worth a try?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by