1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Clasifieds

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by peachick, Apr 14, 2008.

1. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    the bye, sell, trade.... topic is so crazy busy. i post something last week and 4 hours later its already on the second page!! So I know fewer people saw it.

Was wondering if we could break it down more, either by location like north/south/east/west
    or by birds/eggs/supplies
    or
    for sale/wanted/free

THANKS!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    That is such a great Idea I hate going through all of the posts to get to the few that apply to my area !!!!!!!

Henry

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    People who are seriously looking to buy will look through the first 2 or three pages.

I guess the fast dropping is a side effect of posting on a busy chicken board. But I am sure you get good business here regardless. [​IMG]

4. mergmet

mergmet Chillin' With My Peeps

even a couple of weeks ago you could stay near the top for a while. but mine fall down so fast sometimes they are never seen. I always sell when they are seen, but lately,,, not getting a very good return on my posts

regional may not be the answer, what about type? large fowl, bantams, geese, ducks, other?

just a thought...

M

5. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    That is my point. posts dissapear so fast lately. I browse the topic every time I come here looking for something interesting... but If i miss a day or two, I have to look through 8-10 pages! and things i post sometimes dont even get replied to anymore.

Eggbid has things broken down well, perhaps we could do something similar (although not as detailed).

Dont get me wrong Im not complaining about the site. I LOVE it. I just think this would be helpful.

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am not always willing to look through all the pages because I might just be looking for a few things I am just alittle intrested in. I guess type would work also.

Henry

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I agree with you Peachick, it's alot of posts to look thru, I certainly would appreciate some different categories.

8. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    If you watch the buy sell section its major issue is that it has become a chat thread as much as anything. Maybe if the reply was shut off and redirected as a PM the newest would stay up longer and 4 week old threads with items already sold wouldn't be continually cycled up. Maybe an auto delete after a week?

9. mergmet

mergmet Chillin' With My Peeps

kstaven those are good ideas, we appreciate you mods taking a look at what can be done to make it more efficient

thanks!
    M

10. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    I may start mod ing it a little more. When I have looked at it there is a lot of bumping going on in some threads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by