Classic Rock, Bok Bok Style

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buff Hooligans, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Have you all ever taken your favorite hard rock songs and changed them to have bok-bok lyrics? My DH and I were listening to a Moody Blues CD last night after an hour of watching the chickens, and we started singing bok bok instead of the words. It ended up being so silly that we almost fell off the couch laughing. (Just don't tell Justin Hayward!)

2. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I love nights like that don't you?

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Yes. We always used to have the television on, but the shows haven't been so great lately, even on HGTV and the cooking channel. So we started putting music on and watching chickens instead. It's lovely.

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I thought I was the only one that did that! I'll have to try that with the Moody Blues.

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    We change the lyrics of showtunes at my house. My daughter was griping because the rooster was crowing in the rain this morning. Brought me to singing,
    "Crowing in the rain, Just crowing in the rain.
    Such a nice feeling, to be crowing again.
    He's bocking and crowing in the rain"

And lots of little dance steps. I was happy because it was raining for a change.
    Teenager didn't appreciate it at all. 'Course she's a creature of the night and this was at 6:30am.

The other day it was,
    "I like roosters, I like hens.
    I like chickens. Who could ask for anything more!"

6. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    LOL...I love it!

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Hmmm, show tunes! I suppose that song from the movie "Chicago" called "He Had It Coming" (sung by women in prison telling why they offed their men), slightly modified, could be the theme song for people with predator problems...

8. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    OH that is good Buff....real good. HMMMMM we could incorporate an opposum, raccoon or even Mark's problem with a bear. We could have a one hit wonder on our hands.

9. quiltymare

quiltymare Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Central Washington
    My best friend and I used to sing all kinds of patriotic songs with Bok Bok lyrics... and this was way before I ever had chickens!

10. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    How about " Dead Possum in the middle of the road and he's stinking to high high heaven" or" Raccoon Love" instead of Golden Earrings " Radar Love"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by