Classic rock making a come back?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Razadia, May 19, 2011.

1. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I don't follow trends, I never have, but a friend of mine that does (she lives in another state so I don't have to put up with it) said that classic rock is becoming one of those 'cool new things'. My dad listens to it, therefor I do. I have for as long as I can remember. To add to things, she told me 'You're a metal head, so I wouldn't expect you to understand'. Hm. It was past due time for her to have a 'Razie's history with music' lesson. I wasn't mad at her, though. She's only known me for about 6 months.

The point is, how is it becoming a 'cool new thing'? I don't get it. It may be becoming popular with teenagers and kids that don't have parents that listen to it, but new, I don't think so. All of it older than me. I'll admit, it's better than a lot of the crap people listen to (I'm not going into genres because anything I name would simply be my opinion of what sounds horrible) is really, really bad. Most of it small children do not need to listen to. But that's beside the point.

I'm all for classic rock making a come back. I really am, but I'm I'm still confused as to how it is new. [​IMG] The way she said it made it seem like this stuff is JUST coming out. *shrugs* I guess I'll never get it.

Now, I'm returning to my music and listening to Jefferson Airplane/ Starship' White Rabbit. (simply put it that way because I don't remember if it was done when they were Airplane or Starship.)

2. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Surely you've heard the expression, "everything old is new again"? When new generations "discover" things that have been around awhile, they buy and whatever it is becomes "new" again! [​IMG]

3. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Personally, the music that someone listens to doesn't make them "Cool" or "Dorky". People just tend to listen to different music, every single person has a different taste in music. For instance, I like rock (The real type, not the stuff from nowadays) and indies, and my friend likes pop.

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Im a child of the 80's. A lot of that classic rock was big back then. Im loving the comeback. The Eagles, Foreigner, Journey, Stxx, loving it all! And so is my 15 year old DS.

5. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    I sure hope it comes back. I'm 26...but love old rock...fleetwood...skynyrd....Metallicleppardf leppard. There is a song from Def leppard that has been playing....photograph....its Santana and someone That redid it.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I guess I just know where to find it because it is not new again to us.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    the only rock I can enjoy is Elvis Presley.

Isn't Roy Orbinson rock or blues?

8. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Classic rock has NEVER not been cool!! Give me some Skynrd or some Bad Company anyday! [​IMG]

9. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I am a die hard metal head but I have noticed that the older bands (from the 70's and 80's) are all heading back out on tour. I like that rock too but I'm not gonna pay the prices they want. I'll pay $100 to get into the Mayhem Festival but I'm not paying that for Def Leppard or Motley Crue

10. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Making a come back??? [​IMG] I never knew it left!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by