Classroom chicks - pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by simplyscrambled, May 9, 2009.

1. simplyscrambled

simplyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Here are a couple of picks of babies hatched in my classroom. We held them (taking turns with supervision for 5 minutes between 20 children and 5 chicks) and they're just too cute for words! The pics with the students are even better, although I can't post those!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're 2 weeks old, and it was their last day in the classroom before they moved to a student's house. I told the mom about this site! [​IMG]

2. love4mychick

love4mychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] omg i love them they are so cute
    what kind are they
    i rember when are class hatched ducks i loved it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    very cool! where you located?

4. tryingtohaveitall

tryingtohaveitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Ohio
    That's great! I'm sure the kids will never forget that project. [​IMG]

5. simplyscrambled

simplyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Thanks for enjoying them with me! [​IMG]

The eggs came from one of my student's Grandmother's farm. Ameraucana (sp?) rooster and mixed hens and the eggs were pale blue. The dark one came from a brown egg I purchased from the CETA foundation, a vet parent at my school, who's son is in another class. She delivered the eggs! [​IMG]

I teach at a public school in Davis, CA. We're allowed 6 hens in town, and more and more families are getting really interested in having backyard chickens! At my school are many staff that have small farms outside of city limits, and they take the roos. We also have a small coop, and the chickens in there belong to one of our gardening aides. She wants to take her birds home, so she asked me if I wanted to provide the school chickens. Heck, yeah!!!

So I've gone plain crazy, and am expecting about 30 eggs of different varieties to hatch in my new Genesis 1588, arriving at about the same time!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by