Clean Eggs?

Sam Drummond

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2016
All of my eggs are dirty with poop when I collect them. I watched a video about deworming chickens and thought that it might be it. Or I thought it might be poop stuck to there feathers by there vent or unclean nest boxes. I don't know what to do but I know I want them to lay clean eggs. Thanks for the help!

Dirty eggs are usually from poopy bottoms or muddy feet. You can wash the poop off and put down stuff in your run so it isn't dirty, I like deep litter. If your hens have consistently wet poops, it could be from the feed, or some illnesses cause it. I would try switching feed brands.

I was having the same issue, muddy eggs. Switched to deep litter in the run and now I only get dirty eggs when it's been raining for several days in a row. That should help, unless it's because their butts are poopy, in which a bath is probably in order, and possibly a diet change, as someone else mentioned.

Dirty eggs are usually from poopy bottoms or muddy feet. You can wash the poop off and put down stuff in your run so it isn't dirty, I like deep litter. If your hens have consistently wet poops, it could be from the feed, or some illnesses cause it. I would try switching feed brands.

X 2 -- good housekeeping in the run and coop, good nutrition, good health and making sure no one sleeps in the nest boxes will take care of most dirty egg issues.

Back
Top Bottom