Clean out doors for coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rdhensley1, Feb 11, 2017.

1. rdhensley1

rdhensley1 New Egg

Feb 10, 2017
    I've been trying to figure out the way Carolina Coops construct their double door ( outside solid and inside screened ). I really like the concept but can't seem to be able to figure it out. Anyone have some insight?

2. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty Premium Member

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    Is it the one in the main video on their site? Have you built stuff before? Just wondering cause I don't want to bore you with details if you already know this.
    Looks like they built 2 frames out of 2x4s, one fits perfectly inside the other. The outer one they stapled hardware cloth to on the inside and the inner one they attached boards on the outside. The outer doors have the hinges connecting to the coop frame, the inner doors are the same except instead of connecting to the coop frame they connect to the outer D frame. I can try drawing it and posting a pic of that if you want.

3. rdhensley1

rdhensley1 New Egg

Feb 10, 2017
    Thanks for the reply! I've built things before so I can handle construction I was just baffled by the hinge setup. I thought that the inner screen door opened all the way but after watching the video again I saw that it only opened 90 degrees. Sorry for the questions but I want to get it right the first time. I hate having to rework a project. Of all the coops ive looked at on the internet the Carolina seems to have an excellent design. Too bad it's out of my price range!
    Thanks again!

4. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty Premium Member

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    No problem. Planning ahead is smart, it's a bummer to have something not work and have to go back and redo it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by