1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

clean pool?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mr.mc., Aug 19, 2011.

1. mr.mc.

mr.mc. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Indiana
    can it be done and if so how(my pool is so gross that even my little bro that loves gross things thinks its nasty [​IMG] )?

2. big m70726

big m70726 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    how big is your pool? I drain mine and clean it once a week but its only bout 3ft deep my ducks love the fresh water the line up wait while it is fillin back up.

3. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I refill the large kiddie pools every other day and scrub them once a week with bleach.The small pool gets refilled daily....and it STILL gets dirty [​IMG]

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Answer to a clean pool. Dont have ducks lol. The pool is clean only when you refill it and untill they step foot in it. After that it is game over lol.

5. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Yea, good luck with that.

I change water daily........ Or rather, I go out once a day and dump out the mud and replace it with fresh water.

I have waterers that they can't get their fat butts into, so they have clean drinking water--- except for the feed and mud they dabble into it.

6. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I clean mine every other day. I have kiddie pools so it's not to hard to do. I have a brush on a pole so it's really easy to squirt some soap in there give it a swish with a little bleach, rinse, dump and fill. If I do it at night I will fill the pools up with some bleach in it and let it work over night. Once the sun comes up the bleach is gone.

7. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

I just dump, rinse, refill every day. Water isn't clean=no swimming! Picky li'l things. But to see their joy when swimming-priceless.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  8. RunnerWhisperer

RunnerWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:So true! It's the first thing my male Runner Jade does when he get's in his pool after I just cleaned it out! Can't poo before or after...has to do it in a fresh cleaned pool! [​IMG]

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:So true! It's the first thing my male Runner Jade does when he get's in his pool after I just cleaned it out! Can't poo before or after...has to do it in a fresh cleaned pool! [​IMG]

Yep thats the way it always is here too. [​IMG]

10. hayleyasaurus

hayleyasaurus Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    East Windsor
    haha I usually put on rain boots and step on one edge of my duck's kiddie pool then use the highest pressure setting on the hose to clean it every other day and scrub it when it gets really bad I think it is impossible to keep it completely clean theyre so messy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by