Clean slate and can't even think of what to do!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by stubbornhill, Jul 26, 2011.

1. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    I have a brand new chicken coupe being constructed. The cement floor has been poured. My honey has constructed the walls and now it's my job to design the interior. I have seen so many wonderful ideas, I am having a difficult time deciding what to do! I know I'm going sand on top of the concrete. We have two windows both on the same side. I had not even thought of putting a roost across in front of the windows, but after just seeing another coop on here (tiffanyg2), I thought how cute! I really want to try a nipple watering system and some type of gravity fed feeder. Just have to decide where to place them etc. Wish me luck!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. cuntryuppiechick

cuntryuppiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Mine will only stand in front of the window. I am going to add a third window.

3. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    Well that just solidified my desire for a roosting board in front of the window. That will work well. The bottom board of that whole end of the coop will flip up outside at floor level for ease of cleaning. We were just going to have hardware wire windows all open for good weather and then a board to close down over for winter. I am guessing we need to have some plexiglass cut for the outside so that they can still have a windows in the cold weather. +++Note to self+++

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by