Cleaning an incubator in between hatches?

ldrchickens

Songster
Jul 1, 2018
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Thanks for all the input on my question about incubating! Now what to do after incubating before starting another. How do i clean and disinfect? Bleach water solution? How strong? I did read that a foam incubator cannot be cleaned enough and after the first couple hatches becomes hazardous and causes a drastic drop in hatching! Is that true???? Thanks in advance!

Not sure. I have had more than a few hatches in mine and don't clean it much in between. I just rinse it out with some soap water and remove all of the visible junk. I have not noticed a difference in hatch rates, my first few hatches had the lowest rates because I was not very experienced.
@The Phantom you had that extremely old incubator, what did you do for cleaning?

Not sure. I have had more than a few hatches in mine and don't clean it much in between. I just rinse it out with some soap water and remove all of the visible junk. I have not noticed a difference in hatch rates, my first few hatches had the lowest rates because I was not very experienced.
@The Phantom you had that extremely old incubator, what did you do for cleaning?
Just was with dawn dish soap and rinse.

Back
Top Bottom