Cleaning duck poop out of carpet

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by festivalfire, Jun 16, 2019.

1. festivalfire

festivalfire In the Brooder

May 4, 2016
    So I guess someone left the dog door open and one of the ducks followed my dog into the house (ugh) while I was out and she (the duck) pooped everywhere :( I have tried carpet cleaner and cleaner for animal messes and my carpet still has a brownish/yellow tinit to it. Help!

2. Duckworth

Duckworth Songster

May 15, 2017
    U.S. Prairie
    How frustrating! I would contact a long-established carpet store or carpet cleaning company and ask for their advice. We have all wood floors and I don’t have any ideas other than what you have tried.

DuckyDonna and ducklvr3 like this.
  3. ducklvr3

ducklvr3 Chirping

May 29, 2019
    Oklahoma
    We have wood floors too!

If i were you and it looks like a scene from the chainsaw massacre except with poop, Id consider ripping my carpet up and staining the concrete floors!!!

If the poop is like my ducks poop, that crap is pure liquid!
    Pun intended

DuckyDonna likes this.
  4. ducklvr3

ducklvr3 Chirping

May 29, 2019
    Oklahoma
    Screenshot_20190616-234842_Chrome.jpg

5. Cailyn12

Cailyn12 Chirping

Apr 18, 2019
    My nana has always used the powder oxi clean , it literally will get everything off , including poop from her 8week old puppy when it used to have accidents in the floor , put it on it if you can’t find anything else to try best of luck

DuckyDonna and ducklvr3 like this.
  6. BigBlueHen53

BigBlueHen53 Songster

Mar 5, 2019
    SE Missouri, USA
    Nature's Miracle from Pet store is great stuff! Cleans down to the molecular level, leaves no residue. Follow directions on bottle. Contains enzymes that digest the bacteria. Great for animal, er, messes. Not a perfume or cover up. Do NOT use ammonia or bleach!!!!! This stuff should fix u right up.

DuckyDonna likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: