Cleaning feeder and waterer

jackhorn01

Songster
9 Years
Aug 10, 2012
Logansport, Louisiana
I am cleaning my feeder and waterer once a week with a little bit of dish soap and water. Is this good enough being that my set up is closed in and everything is completely protected from the weather? Is the dish soap ok to use on their stuff?

Awesome scripture quote. Also, how often do you clean yours? My feeder and waterer are hanging and are also fully enclosed from the elements outside so once a week should be good right?

My feeder and waterer are protected from the weather.

Since I've switched (2 months ago) from the quart jar to the 5 gallon feeder/waterer. I have never have cleaned the feeder and I rinse out the waterer with a hose when I refill.

Last edited:
The feeder/waterer in the coop are fully protected(obviously) so i clean them on as need basis, the waterer is mostly a tip each day and scrub every couple.. i have a bucket brush(stole that from the horses lol) that does a nice job of getting the ring clean on the waterer.. it's a small one as i only have 4 birds.

I clean my waterers with dish soap and water once a week. That keeps the scum down. I also add natural apple cider vinegar in the summer.

Really I find that if we watch the waterers out with the hose often we don't have an issue.

Back
Top Bottom