Cleaning the Styrobator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
Another message inspired this one, especially when I got to thinking about it.

How do you all clean your styrofoam incubators?

I've never had an egg explode so I've never had to do a serious cleaning. I just wipe it out with a soapy rag and then rinse. But its never been gleaming white like it was when it was new.

I had a friend of mine say that he put the bottom in the dishwasher the other day on a light wash cycle and he said it was cleaner than the day he bought it.

Now I'm too scared to mess up my incubator, so I haven't tried it. (but then again, should I mess it up, it WOULD be reason enough to buy another one...LOL)

What all do you find is the best way to clean it out?

Just buy a new one and never hatch anything in it. When you take pictures of your chicks hatching, make sure you have transferred the eggs from your real incubator to your clean, never used incubator.

That's what I do.
lol.png

You must have less water pressure in your DW than I do. My dishwater would blow the styrofoam apart.

I have no clue what else you are asking for.

Washing, soaking with bleach dilution and baking in the sun the best way to clean the styrofoam incubators.

You know you backhand insult people so often I wonder why anyone bothers to answer your questions in the first place.

Quote:
Its a talent I'm proud of....
big_smile.png

Down killer....

There's more than one way to clean an incubator, and the only thing I meant is that other than your message, everyone else was just telling you how nice it was. It didn't offer any other ways to clean it other than the one you listed.

And if you want to get snotty publicly, lets play! I can play just as hard as you can Miss Snippy....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom