clear chick poop?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pegicat9, Nov 13, 2016.

1. pegicat9

pegicat9 Just Hatched

Feb 5, 2016
    I have 11 new chicks and they are all running everywhere but their is one chick that all of a sudden started acting differently . They are all females (supposedly) about a week old. The chick i am speaking about is an ameraucana , she started hiding away in the corner and staying their , she is not running around or sleeping with the others , she's only standing and she does not sit or lie down to sleep like chicks do . I jus saw her poop and it was all clear and was kind of watery/mucusy? She seems to be in a state of depression, what is wrong with her and is their something I should do?should i quarantine her and clean the whole brooder just to make sure?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  2. Nymeria10

Nymeria10 Out Of The Brooder

this is exactly what happened to my chick too. eventually the poop turned completely white, and it had this nasty smell.

3. pegicat9

pegicat9 Just Hatched

Feb 5, 2016
    Was the chick okayy after? My chick is still alive but she does not seem to grow as fast as everyone else and she use to be the biggest of all of them!

4. Nymeria10

Nymeria10 Out Of The Brooder

unfortunately he died, i didn't know exactly what was wrong with him or how to fix it. i gave him yogurt and put apple cider vinegar in his water because i thought it might be vent gleet, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by