Clear Corrugated Panels

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JoieD, Feb 5, 2012.

1. JoieD

JoieD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    Marysville, Ohio
    I've been looking for panels to cover my chicken run and came across what might be a great deal on the Tuftex Clear Corrugated Panels. Anyone use these? or any clear panel. I think they would be great in the winter, but what about summer? Do you think it would be too hot in the run because the clear panels wouldn't provide much shade in the afternoon?

2. LeasureChix

LeasureChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Medford OR
    I've used smoky panels and love them. They filter the sun but allow light in. I think where I live, the clear would be too much like a green house affect. Maybe you could use a combination? Some clear and some colored?

Good luck

3. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Alll clear would be too much sun. I use white but u could use maybe 1 or 2 for skylites depending on how big urs is.

4. JoieD

JoieD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    Marysville, Ohio
    I went ahead and ordered them. I figured at 3.86 a panel I could use them for something. Funny thing is when I checked the email receipt it said white not clear. I guess I'll see when I pick them up. I was going to share the link and I will just in case in your area they are still available, but when I click on the 3.86 panel it changes to 24.11. Hope they don't change my order. Anyway here is the link but you have to scroll down to the Customers Also Viewed area to see the panel for 3.86.
    http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/sto...gId=10051&NttParam=&storeId=10151&qvRedirect=

That is one long link. Good luck

5. 5littlechicks

5littlechicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    Middleburg, FL
    We used the green ones on our run area and metal over the coop area. Haven't gone through summer yet but we also have it situated to get afternoon shade from a large tree.

6. ScottM

ScottM Chillin' With My Peeps

Are they as loud as tin when it rains or quieter?

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quieter. Less noise outside (like you're in your house next to a coop with them used as roofing) and softer, clickity sounds on the inside (you're visiting your chickens, perhaps). There's still noise, but not as bad as a tin roof.

8. claudicles

claudicles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I have somthing similar on my tractors but I have two different types so i can change them with the weather. I have clear for winter and grey for summer. it wouldn't work for most people but they are just two small tractors which I move regularly so it is pretty easy. Fortunately the standard size of the panel is exactly the size of the open top of the tractor.

9. eick61161

eick61161 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    I have a 10x8 green house built with clear panels, it gets brutal in the summer, in western PA.

10. AFChick

AFChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Central NC
    $16.07 a panel where I am [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by