Clear corrugated roofing (Suntuf)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LindaN, Jul 16, 2008.

  1. LindaN

    LindaN Songster

    Jul 28, 2007
    It seems like several folks here have used the clear corrugated roofing on their coops and/or runs. I've found the manufacturer of this stuff -- Suntuf -- on the Web, but am at a loss to figure out how to get the stuff in Chicago. Did you order it through your local lumber yard? Let us know!

    I'm trying to get quotes on building a more permanent run for my chickens (3 grown hens and 4 1-week old chicks) and would love to use the Suntuf to roof the run. I just need to figure out how/where to get the stuff.

  2. LindaN

    LindaN Songster

    Jul 28, 2007
    Bumping this back up so it's not missed.
  3. AngelzFyre

    AngelzFyre Songster

    Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    I checked out their website and the only thing I would do is to hit their "Contact" link and either send them an email or call them directly on their 800 number. They should be able to tell you where you can buy it locally or closer to where you are.
    Thanks for posting that site, it was interesting to read about that product. I'd not seen much about it before. [​IMG]
  4. orchidchick

    orchidchick Songster

    Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    Our Home Depot carries the line here in Florida, from the clear and and grey, and some colors. I used it to overlay the roof on my brooder coop and used the wall flashing to protect my window on the latest coop.
  5. MissPrissy

    MissPrissy Crowing

    May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Lowes has it here. I used it on my duck house.
  6. 2manyhats

    2manyhats Songster

    May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Thanks for sharing this product. I'm looking for something to side with to allow in light on the south wall of my coop for the solar heat benefits in the winter that I'll remove for the warmer months to allow for air flow through the wire protection. Is this product expensive?
  7. chickenzoo

    chickenzoo Emu Hugger

    I've used the one that has the "ripples" in it from our local HD, and did my barn roof over the ply. BIG MISTAKE! The sun here in FL baked it and it twisted and warped and then fell apart. I would stay clear of that type. [​IMG]
  8. cajunlizz

    cajunlizz Songster

    Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:This clear or colored corrugated stuff can be bought at Lowe's and or Home Depot . If you go thru the manufacture you will PAY ALOT MORE .
  9. bluie

    bluie Songster

    Aug 18, 2007
    I am going to Home Depot today (with my 10% off coupon) to buy the roofing for my almost finished coop. They carry Palruf and Suntuf. Suntuf cost twice as much as Palruf ($24 as oppposed to $12) (for a 8foot x 26 inch sheet), but Suntuf is guaranteed for ten years and Palruf only five years. I am going for the better stuff. I was considering covering my run with it too, but maybe later.
  10. LindaN

    LindaN Songster

    Jul 28, 2007
    Thanks for the info, folks. I guess I'll have to talk to the manager at the local Lowe's and/or Home Depot. I've never seen it in the store. Just goes to show how local markets vary!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: