Clear liquid poop

taylacline

Chirping
May 19, 2022
Southern West Virginia
My chicken is acting fine besides occasionally fighting over nesting boxing, screaming at each other while they are trying to lay an egg. But otherwise she's eating, drinking, active as usual. But today I noticed she took an extremely watery poo. Like it was just a large amount of clear liquid. We did start recently letting the girls free range a couple hours out of the day, so I don't know if the free range diet had anything to do with it. She also went to go lay an egg immediately after that water poo as well.

Update: all the chickens have the same watery liquid poo, and egg laying has slowed down for some.

Last edited:
My chicken is acting fine besides occasionally fighting over nesting boxing, screaming at each other while they are trying to lay an egg. But otherwise she's eating, drinking, active as usual. But today I noticed she took an extremely watery poo. Like it was just a large amount of clear liquid. We did start recently letting the girls free range a couple hours out of the day, so I don't know if the free range diet had anything to do with it. She also went to go lay an egg immediately after that water poo as well.

Update: all the chickens have the same watery liquid poo, and egg laying has slowed down for some.
Another update: Egg laying for some has basically completely stopped. There are three hens we haven' gotten eggs from in over a week that we would get daily from. One of the girls behavior has changed, shes usually active and comes running for treats, even follows me around. Now shes just sitting, won't come to treats, seems overly cautious towards me. I found some regular poo in a nesting box this morning but we had checked on the girls last night, we heard some strange noises outside, but they were all roosting. No one was sleeping in the nesting box.

Back
Top Bottom