1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Clear Mucus dripping from Beak

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AndyE, Jan 8, 2017.

1. AndyE

AndyE New Egg

Jan 8, 2017
    Help!! Our 2 year old Americuna Bantam was sulking at the back of the coop, tail down and isolated from the flock. Upon closer inspection has a wet crop area -feathers matted and "clear" mucus flowing from beak. She is not eating, drinking or laying. we isolated her and she is now in a box in our bedroom. What should we do we are failrly new chicken owners.
    Thanks for your help!!
    Andy

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

3. AndyE

AndyE New Egg

Jan 8, 2017
    Thanks! will explore that.
    Andy

4. Teila

No problemo .. let us know how you go?

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask, if I can not answer them, I am sure others more experienced will also assist.

5. AndyE

AndyE New Egg

Jan 8, 2017
    Unfortunately she passed this morning.
    So sad.

6. Teila

Aaaw, I am so sorry to hear that Andy [​IMG]

7. AndyE

AndyE New Egg

Jan 8, 2017
    I never thought I would be so attached to a chicken but I am and my entire family is feeling the loss. One bright spot is she was with us in a box in a warm spot in our bedroom.

8. Teila

Each chicken has his or her own chickenality and definitely become an important part of our lives; it hurts when we lose one.

She was taken too soon but I am sure she knew she was loved and had a wonderful time with her feathered and human family.

I cry every time I lose one and make sure that she gets a good burial with a plant or young tree to mark the spot.

[​IMG]

9. AndyE

AndyE New Egg

Jan 8, 2017
    Thanks! For the kind words! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by