Clear Watery Diarrhea???

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Denninmi, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Anything to be concerned about? One of my four hens has clear, watery droppings (I guess it qualifies as diarrhea?) today.

Otherwise, acting perfectly normal -- not hunched or fluffed or lethargic, dug right in when I took them their daily offering of kitchen scraps.

IF you think I should treat with something, which of these would you suggest -- Tetracycline, Amoxycillin, Cephalexin, or Flagyl (Metronidazole aka "Fishzole") -- those are the 4 antibiotics I have on hand.

2. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    If she seems healthy otherwise, I would just keep an eye on her. You might consider worming everything with Wazine. It may be as siimple as something she ate.

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Can you just squirt some of the Wazine mixture (according to directions) into their mouths instead of depending on them to drink the water from their waterer? I never felt comfortable with just expecting them to drink the worm mixture.

4. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Quote:Can you just squirt some of the Wazine mixture (according to directions) into their mouths instead of depending on them to drink the water from their waterer? I never felt comfortable with just expecting them to drink the worm mixture.

Have never tried it that way. Just always plced it in the water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by