Clear watery poo from an otherwise healthy hen?

emulhall

Chirping
Aug 25, 2019
She’s a 22 week old Easter egger. She hadn’t laid yet and is eating, drinking, running, flying, just being her normal self. I’m not entirely sure if all her poops have been like this, but I have seen some “stains” on the top of the coop that look similar. (She is currently in the shed with her friends while the outdoor run is being fixed, so she can fly up on top of her coop) The first pic is the one she just did, and the other two are the “stains.”

Here are the photos.
1607121435076.jpeg
1607121484955.jpeg
1607121504621.jpeg

Sometimes chickens just do these poops. At the moment, if she is still acting fine, don't worry. But, if she acts unusual or you find something strange in the poop from her (say, a worm), then please tell us so we can help further.
Alright! That’s good to hear! Yeah, as I said she’s still her cuddly, active self. I just looked it up and the first and second and third things I saw were all about coccidiosis and other diseases and I kind of immediately just went to the worst. I’ll keep you posted if anything changes! What should I be looking out for exactly?

Alright! That’s good to hear! Yeah, as I said she’s still her cuddly, active self. I just looked it up and the first and second and third things I saw were all about coccidiosis and other diseases and I kind of immediately just went to the worst. I’ll keep you posted if anything changes! What should I be looking out for exactly?
Blood in the poop, keep a watchful eye. If you see any, come straight to the forums. Coccidi can be lethal if left without any treatment.

Blood in the poop, keep a watchful eye. If you see any, come straight to the forums. Coccidi can be lethal if left without any treatment.
Alright, so I’ll look out for blood in the droppings, worms in the droppings, and lethargy. And yeah, I know that coccidiosis can be lethal, so my stomach dropped when I saw that! Is blood in the poo like a sign that it’s too late? Or is that a first signs

Alright, so I’ll look out for blood in the droppings, worms in the droppings, and lethargy. And yeah, I know that coccidiosis can be lethal, so my stomach dropped when I saw that! Is blood in the poo like a sign that it’s too late? Or is that a first signs
Blood in poop is one of the signs, along with loss of appetite, tiredness...etc. These should be the first signs.

Blood in poop is one of the signs, along with loss of appetite, tiredness...etc. These should be the first signs.
Okay! Thank you a ton. I have an avian vet that has seen one of my chickens before, so I’ll be able to have them treated if anything. Sometimes having pets can be so nerve racking can’t it? I love them so much but all the diseases are so crazy and hard to keep track of. But thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom