1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Clear, Watery Stool?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 64fyermun, May 11, 2011.

1. 64fyermun

64fyermun Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    I have a 3 month old BR pullet that is pooping a clear, watery stool. She has been doing this all day. She is acting and eating fine, and all they've had to eat are starter crumbles and fresh water. Is this a sign of something brewing? Thanks for any help.

2. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Seems like someone posted a picture of a clear watery poop just yesterday and I don't know what the outcome was. Keep searching hear I'm sure you'll find some clues. I don't know if that could be a parasite symptom or what.

3. 64fyermun

Mar 21, 2011
    Thanks!

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Has it been warm where you live? I notice more watery stools when its hot. They drink more water, hence more watery poo. Hope this helps.

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  6. aggie9296

aggie9296 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    good link for normal and abnormal poop pics.

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

caution, actual poop pics if you are squeamish.

mine do the watery poop when they are hot. probably a cooling mechanism as they are actig and eating just fine. but it has been 90 for the past week.

1 person likes this.
  7. 64fyermun

Mar 21, 2011
    Thanks for the help everybody! I checked it out and I guess she might be a little hot. It has been in the high 70's or 80's but she is acting normal. Maybe she just likes the water. I'll keep an eye on her and thanks again for all of your help!

8. After5

After5 Just Hatched

May 6, 2014
    Florida
    I hope this is okay to respond to a thread that is several years old - you'll notice by my number of posts that I am new...

Two of our chicks had an occurrence of clear, watery poo this afternoon. It has been very hot and humid this week, and they have been drinking water and taking it easy in the shade. I was worried there was something wrong, but after looking at the normal poo pictures (can't talk about that everywhere), I am convinced they are responding as expected to the heat. Thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by