Clementine is shaking his head

Clementine2022

Songster
Nov 5, 2022
Mt Plymouth, FL
it's weird. I will see him shake his head every now and then, but it's kind of a slow shake. I had some fruit in my hand offering it to him. He eats out of my hand all the time, but it was like he couldn't get there. He would reach and his head would shake. I have checked for mites, etc. His skin is perfect. He looks great, but this head thing is really scaring me. I have giving him VetRx under his wing and a little on his neck on the underside of his head, just below the beak. What else can I do?

Could just be feathers out of place, feed stuck in the crop or something in his eye that's affecting his vision.
What's his diet? Vet rx is just Vicks for chickens, a placebo.
Can you get a video?

it's weird. I will see him shake his head every now and then, but it's kind of a slow shake. I had some fruit in my hand offering it to him. He eats out of my hand all the time, but it was like he couldn't get there. He would reach and his head would shake. I have checked for mites, etc. His skin is perfect. He looks great, but this head thing is really scaring me. I have giving him VetRx under his wing and a little on his neck on the underside of his head, just below the beak. What else can I do?
I FINALLY got a video of the head shake, but can't figure out how to load it here. 😏.

Back
Top Bottom