clever repurposed use for old chick feeders!! (pics)

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by erindubb, Jul 25, 2010.

1. erindubb

erindubb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    I saw this in a magazine the other day. It was SOOO clever that I thought I just had to share it with my backyard chicken friends!! Use your old chick feeders as cute and kitchy candy dishes!! How cool is that? I am not really sure where to share this idea on the message board......but I kind of thought feeding and watering your flock seemed appropriate? Now I am using it to feed my kids and husband! [​IMG] I wrote about it a little on my blog ....check it out here.......
    http://abirdandabean.blogspot.com/2010/07/chick-feeder-repurpose.html

Anyway, I thought I would share it with you guys.....I am sure you have some of these laying around too! How cute .... I think it would even make a cute gift....filled with a persons favorite candy. Humm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jjparke

jjparke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Boise
    I hope that's a brand new never used feeder.

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Now THAT is SO cute!!! Love it!!!

4. E.G.Glayer

E.G.Glayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Blanchester OH
    Looks pretty neat but it would slow me down way too much on those m & m's. They dont last long enough to put in anything but my mouth at my house. Thanks for sharing.

5. erindubb

Apr 18, 2010
    haha - it wasn't a brand new feeder actually. But I did run it through the dishwasher on sanitize three times! [​IMG] Sparkly clean.

6. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] lol, cute.. But would never be able to get past, my memory of what it looked like before!!! Funny though I will eat mushrooms without washing them:th

7. grandmaof5

grandmaof5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Central N.S.
    Great idea! I bought one of those whenmy girls were chicks and now use the bigger one; the older one has been sitting around for a few weeks, now I know what I can do with it.*

*I wash my feeders and waterers in the dishwasher every few days on the sanitize cycle, too.

8. erindubb

Apr 18, 2010
    haha - yeah - mushrooms are more dirty than a sweet little fuzzy butt feeder.... - OK - maybe not. But, its clean now. [​IMG]

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

WE HAVE WHIMPYS AFRAID OF CHICKIE GERMS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. erindubb

Apr 18, 2010
    M&M's cancel out all the chicky germs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by