clicker training a chicken? You have to see this!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Freebie, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Anyone familiar with clicker training? Check out this video of a chicken going through an obstacle course. It is pretty cool, and if I had the course, I have a clicker and a chicken that I would love to try that on.

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
  3. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I just love those. Thanks!! I just makes me want to build a mini agility course for my baby chicken.

4. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Thanks for posting those links. [​IMG]
    Stephanie

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

THanks so much - that is so funny. I sent it to my friend who's got a little dog that she's been training. Just wait til she see's my obstacle course:lau

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

A lady I know on the Service Dog group had told me this was how she learned to train dogs years ago.

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Didja notice that it was a Leghorn hen that was doing the obstacle course? And the Clicker Training?

8. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup. I'm gonna train mine to do the dishes. Smart buggers.

9. Itsme

Itsme Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    NW Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    I guess it seems pretty cool to most people that you can train a chicken to do such tricks. As it turns out, chickens are good learners and can achieve neat things, just like trained circus animals.

Not really intelligence, it sure seems like it. I read about that clicker training a few years ago in some studies they did to determine how good chickens actually are.

It turns out they learn better than you do, up until about the age of 3.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by