Clicking when shaking head, Eyes darkening, and can't walk

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Zahboo, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Those are what's wrong with spot. I posted before, but his symptoms have changed.

At first he just kinda shuffled around, now he's so uncoordinated he can't walk, his eyes which used to be yellow are now darkening at the back, and no it's not just me because I thought I noticed it yeterday, so I took a close look and it's darker today. He shakes his head and it makes a clicking noise.

Yes, we're trying to get him to the vet, but I don't have any money until some stuff on CL sells or July 1st. He's my favorite, my best roo.

2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I just noticed one of his hens twitching her head too. He has a vet appointment at 4:15 tomorrow. Should I view it as a coincidence, or does it sound like she has it too?

3. chickeepoo

chickeepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I don't know. I don't think it's a coincidence that you have 2 now with the same symptoms- I'd take her along in a different crate tomorrow. Let us know what you find [​IMG]

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I have the whole breed separate, but with Spot on his own and his hens in another quarentine pen. I'll take one and if need be, bring in the others. Hoping it's something minor.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by