Clipped beaks and horizontal nipples

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
I'd like to switch my four ladies onto a horizontal nipple waterer to keep their water clean. However, two of them have clipped beaks:
1614952388734.png

The other one looks like this, but not quite as extreme. The other two chickens, I can tell that their beaks have been clipped in the past, but I don't think that it would affect their drinking. Would I want to use a cup waterer instead? The cups that they push on or the ones that auto fill?

Whichever you choose, I would monitor closely to assure that they are able to access water. Good luck.

Whichever you choose, I would monitor closely to assure that they are able to access water. Good luck.
Of course! In any situation I'd do that. I'm just trying to prep as much as possible to make sure that I don't spend money on one then not have it work out.

Of course! In any situation I'd do that. I'm just trying to prep as much as possible to make sure that I don't spend money on one then not have it work out.
My ducks are able to use it (not taught by me - picked it up from the chickens), so I would think chickens with clipped beaks could as well. I was NOT a fan of the cups for either my chickens or ducks, but the nipples are great!

Back
Top Bottom