Clipping chick wings?

Chickities4

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Florida
Hello,
A month ago i got 25 Ameraucana chicks. They are exactly a month old and already jumping over a fence a little higher than 3 feet! They are in a stall in my barn, so they don't get anywhere. I have a little of the space cut off from them for storing their stuff and I keep finding them on and over the fence. It's a green mesh fence, so it's not sturdy. I can't make it any higher cause I already have to "jump" over the fence(there's no gait). I don't mind catching them that much, but we're going on vacation for a whole week and the people who will be taking care of them won't be there all day like I am. They don't jump back over, I saw one and left it to see if it would go back over, but it didn't. It stayed on the wrong side wondering how to get back. The stall wall is over 4 foot, and i'm thinking, that if they're already jumping over the 3 foot fence, it won't be long before they're jumping out of the stall! So my question is, can I clip their wings? I know how to and everything, I've got 6 month old chickens and am clip their wings. I just want to make sure it's ok to do the little chicks.
Thank you for any help!

Back
Top Bottom