1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Clogged Chicken?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Fowler08, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Fowler08

Fowler08 New Egg

May 9, 2015
    Hello,
    I have a bantum chicken who seems 'clogged'. I soaked her in warm baths twice, dried her off, used oil to lubricate her entry. A post said to find the egg, I was so afraid of hurting her, I asked my father to do it (this was after we tried to feel for the egg outside). He inserted 1 finger in search of the egg, but none was found. When he took out his finger, she was bleeding!! I soaked her again, she keeps straining, we have also tried to massage her. I don't know what else to do, please help!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  2. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

What makes you think she is clogged?

3. Fowler08

Fowler08 New Egg

May 9, 2015
    She was very swollen with a descended stomach. Unfortunately she started to bleed, (maybe something ruptured?) and she died in the night.

4. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my... I do not even know what that could be. I hope it is not something secondary to a communicable infection.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by