Close, Please - Contest Started

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by greenfamilyfarms, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Yes, I would particpate!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I would just like to look at the pictures.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other - please specify

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Is there any interest in a pumpkin carving contest?

Here are the prelimary rules:
    1. You must carve or paint something poultry related into or onto the pumpkin.
    2. Categories could include: Funniest, Scariest, Best Carved and Best Painted
    3. A deadline will be set and a prize awarded to the overall grand prize winner.

So, whatcha think?

ETA: Please note that the contest has not started. I wanted to see if it was worth the precious amount of free time that I have to spend on this. I'm just getting input at this point.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Just getting suggestions now. This is not a contest yet. I am aware of the rules.

3. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Contest started, please close. Thanks!

4. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Quote:Just getting suggestions now. This is not a contest yet. I am aware of the rules.

3] Categories for the contests are limited to photos of poultry ONLY. Threads about other animals will be moved. You can theme your contest following a real-life poultry show category or make up a "fun" contest. Fun contest categories like the "Ugliest Chicken Contest," theme contests (holidays, roosters only, etc. etc. etc.), altered photo contests, etc., are fine.​

5. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC

3] Categories for the contests are limited to photos of poultry ONLY. Threads about other animals will be moved. You can theme your contest following a real-life poultry show category or make up a "fun" contest. Fun contest categories like the "Ugliest Chicken Contest," theme contests (holidays, roosters only, etc. etc. etc.), altered photo contests, etc., are fine.

It IS poultry related. Please see the contest thread.

6. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I know its poultry related. Just because its poultry related doesn't mean it complies with the rules. Don't freak. Your "Show" can be moved...

By the way, I love your avatar! Where can you get your hands on those?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
  7. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I've changed the rules.

The picture should include the decorated pumpkin with at least one chicken (or other poultry) beside it.

She's a mottled d'Uccle. I purchased her from a lady in TN - Melinda Hudalla.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by