Close to another Great Depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if we are not careful with Gov't spending we may not have a choice, I hate the thought of my Daughter entering the workforce and 3/4 of here wages be taken away in taxes.

AL

Darn close- but the housing market is booming thanks to the credits they extended.I think everything else will follow siut, but jobs are usually the last thing to recover.

Gearing up for WW2 was waht took us out of the depression last time. The men went to war and the women went to work.Suddenly we needed EVERYTHING in larger quantities AND 1/2 the workforce left.

Quote:
Well we are at War now and it doesnt seem to be helping
sad.png

yea that's true but the war now is a small scale war in Iran and Afghanistan versus a WORLD war where we were on at least 3 fronts. Therefore we needed more of everything than now.Now we only have 2 fronts AND really we arre not fighting that war in a front on way so therefore not the need for the huge amount of stuff.

Although they do say that the troops do NOT get all the supplies they need to fight succesfully.But I don't see that changing.

Anyway difference is this is not a WORLD war.

Quote:
Well we are at War now and it doesnt seem to be helping
sad.png

After the Japanese attacked us, only a small number of Americans opposed the war. There was an incredible amount of national pride and purpose and people felt the need to grow victory gardens, ration and all in all support the war. Our government, right now, is not investing the same proportion of funds into national defense. Detroit was the "arsenal of Democracy" but now it's almost a ghost town. And as someone else mentioned, the wars we're involved in now are small scale compared to WWII. Also, fighting a guerilla war against Al-Qaeda and other small factions is very different than frontal assaults on Nazi tanks or hordes of Japanese aircraft. Less is more in a sense.

I believe that's exactly what we're headed for, but a depression now would be worse because of the huge criminal element we have compared to the 30's, plus lots of people who feel entitled who might not have been criminals before, but would think nothing of it during a depression.

i think we are close to it! The war is expensive than add other government agenda's , unemployment, the price of foood, etc etc.

We are gonna become more substainable incase we ever get to a point were there just isn't enough money or supplies for us to live. I used to make fun of the mormons and their beliefs. But one they have we should alll adopt is having atleast 2 months of supplies to live off of. I know, how can i afford that? Well they farm their own food, makes sense in the long run. Lots of freezing and canning helps keep the food.

I am finally braving my fears and learning to process chickens , got some meaties! Also learned quail which are really easy. never would have thought they would be. I have a horrible backyard full of sand so i am putting chickentractors on the spots i one day will use to plant my veggies. I am sure i will need a dump of cow manure to add to the chicken manure. It is total sand! I have yet to find what thrives in .We planted lots of fruit trees on our property. trying to get my dad to plant others on his. I mean what is wrong with a nut tree or 2, LOL.

I don't live in fear, i just want to plan for the day it "might" happen! I mean people are really struggling and it makes you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom