Close ups!!! Post your best close up pics of your chicken

TheChickenShrink

Poop fiction
10 Years
Apr 23, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone,

One little passion that I have is macro photography. Nothing professional, just as an amateur photographer. And combining this passion with my passion for chicken comes naturally a passion for close up shots of chicken. I find that these really make the individuality of each chicken shine!

So I propose to all those interested to post close up shots of their chicken in this thread, giving at the same time their name and breed (if known), and any other details that you wish.

Of course, I will open with a few close up shots myself. All the following chicken are nineteen weeks old at the time these pictures were taken.

First, a few pics of our dear Petunia, a BO pullet. She is such a great subject!
29115_cup-01.jpg

29115_cup-03.jpg

29115_cup-04.jpg

And here is a few shots of Scarlett, one of our 3 RIR pullets.
29115_cup-05.jpg

29115_cup-06.jpg

29115_cup-12.jpg

A couple shots of Alexander the Great, our RIR roo. Ladies, who can resist this gent?
29115_cup-08.jpg

29115_cup-09.jpg

Our other little fellow, Pache, a Welsummer cockerel is not easy to shoot from up close, partly because he is very occupied chasing the ladies.
29115_cup-11.jpg

Hera, a Light Sussex Pullet, is such a sweetheart - so calm and gentle. A true lady!
29115_cup-02.jpg

Roxie, our first EE pullet (to be confirmed!), is a real cutie. But poor her, she his relentlessly chased by Pache who has a crush on her and is rejected by the other pullets (jealousy?).
29115_cup-07.jpg

Victoria is our other EE pullet. Very pretty and feminine too! She has gorgeous light cyan ears and gray blue legs.
29115_cup-10.jpg

Blackie (yeah, not very original...
wink.png
), our Black Jersey Giant pullet, is very camera shy, so I had to catch her at nap time. Her feathering is breathtaking in the sunlight!
29115_cup-13.jpg

Okay, now it's your turn. Thanks in advance for sharing your close up pics!
frow.gif

Oh no! You asked for it. It's like an hobby obsession for me! I love taking close up's, especially of chicks. I have about 1,000 pictures or more. So I will just pick a few for your sake.
tongue.png

photoqfi.jpg

Golden Polish

photo2aht.jpg

Blue Swedish and Runner Ducklings

photo3rpp.jpg

Easter Egger Chick

polishbrahmag.png

Brahma/Orpington Chick
brahma3.jpg

Light Brahma Chicks
photo4f.jpg

Brahma/Polish Chick

photo5lnf.jpg

Easter Egger Chick

If you want me to add more let me know!
tongue.png
Sorry to hijack your thread.

Quote:
You're not hijacking anything, this is was I asked for! And I'm happy I did, your pics are gorgeous!
ep.gif
bow.gif

But you made me realize that I didn't seize the occasion this spring to take close up shots of our new chicks! Shame on me!!!
he.gif

Be sure I won't make the same mistake next spring!
jumpy.gif

Thanks alot for sharing!
smile.png

P.S.: Please feel free to hijack any of my threads!
wink.png

Sorry I do not have more stored on the computer but I found this Blue Silkie pic from a couple of weeks ago. It is always the first to run up to the edge of the cage.

7892_hpim2334.jpg

here are a few from me

poppy - 18 week mille fluer d'uccle pullet

1-3.jpg

Pearl my 18 week white silkie cockerel

2-1.jpg

cheech- 16 week call duck

3-2.jpg

baby dark brahma chick

IMG_9972.jpg

my golden campine pullet "bec"
36766_pics_217.jpg

my golden polish cockerel "amadeus"
36766_pics_245.jpg

my golden polish pullet "millie"
36766_pics_248.jpg

my bearded golden polish pullet "lynn"
36766_pics_223.jpg

and last but not least my golden campine pullet "ann"
36766_pics_216.jpg

Our fearless leader
8175_dscf2967.jpg

privacy please
8175_dscf2985.jpg

little miss broody
8175_dscf2988.jpg

new breed of barred rock--Georgia red clay rock
8175_dscf2973.jpg

MNmommy the picture of Poppy your MFD is GREAT!! you should send it in for pic of the week

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom