Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    ____________________________Close__________________________________

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Take some Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or something for the swelling at least.

3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Suggestion... Move the rock! lol
    Not much you can do for ribs. They dont wrap them like they used to so I think Advil or something along that line. And dog-gone-it, Move that rock! Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Sleep on your side with the painful side DOWN. Don't let it contract much, but don't stretch it either. If you need to sneeze or cough, back into a corner of the room or chair and wrap your arms around yourself to hold both sides in place. The fact that you can even sit and type says you probably tore or bruised the chest wall muscles. If you had broken or cracked a rib, you wouldn't be here. You'd be howling every time you breathed. Rib injuries are very painful, even if it's only the muscles.

Two ibuprofen every 4 hours, three at a time if your stomach can handle them. Within 3 days it should be easing up, but be very careful not to aggravate it for at least 2 weeks.

I have lost count of the times I have broken my ribs. X-rays of me are always a wonder at the doctor's office, I have the lumpiest ribs known.

Hope you feel better very soon!

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    everything what they said.. but don't forget to stretch.. don't let your side totally stiffen, that seemed to slow down the healing when I bounced off my steering wheel a few years back.

6. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Ibuprofen and streaching and I hope you feel better very soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by