closed nostril, can't breath, sneezing, lots of bubbly liquid out her mouth

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kate1234, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Kate1234

Kate1234 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2016
    I had written before about my Buff Brahma with the plugged nostril. She had a blockage in her one nostril. after soaking it for at least a week, it came out leaving a very large nostril hole. About a week ago I noticed that the nostril had completely healed over with skin. So now there is no nostril. She has always been a high maintenance hen, if something is going to go wrong its her. She has always had trouble breathing & seems she has always had some kind of cold with sneezing. Today she is in distress, troubled loud breathing, bubbly liquid coming out of her mouth. Mouth is open & seems to be breathing out her mouth instead of the one clear nostril. I don't know what to do for her. She is a sweet hen, so gentle, timid & loves to be held. what can I do. She is still getting around well with the other girls but shes in trouble. Kate

2. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
  3. Kate1234

Kate1234 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2016
    Thank you, this is very helpful. I'll give it my best. I have never done this before or heard of it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by