closes 1 eye all the time

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kimberlybaker59, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Kimberlybaker59

Kimberlybaker59 Just Hatched

Jun 14, 2017
    i have this 1.5 year old chicken who started making this weird sound yesterday no other symptoms that I can tell.. thinking it was respiratory I seperated her, gave injections of Tylan yesterday & today and no improvement yet. Now I'm questioning myself.i can't get the video to load :(

2. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
  3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Can you post your video on YouTube, and then post a link here? I answered on one of the other threads with some suggestions. I would take a flashlight while someone holds the head, and look inside her beak and throat for anything out of the ordinary. It sounds like she may be wheezing, but stridor is a sound that can be made when there is something (a foreign body, tissue, or mucus) partially blocking the airway, and is heard both on inhaling and exhaling, and is a high pitched sound. If it is a respiratory infection, the Tylan can help, depending on the bacteria. How much Tylan are you giving? 5mg per pound 2-3 times a day is an average dose, but can be increased.

Wyorp Rock likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by