Cloudy egg w/ white lines

TheSpiceGirls

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 6, 2010
Bay Area, CA

So these eggs are from my 15 month old Jersey Giant who's just come back into lay after a fast, ugly molt. And her egg whites are no longer white but cloudy. Which I'm reading is a sign of freshness. But she never did that before. But what really concerns me are those white line.

They are tough to see in the photo but they are long white lines. At first I thought they were worms. But I really don't think so.

But what's going on with my sweet bird. She appears fine in every other way. She's been a bit sneezy lately and I think she struggled a bit going through that hard molt when it was so very cold. But it's warmed up and is getting into the 70's during the day and her sneezing is much less. So if she had a little respriatory thing, she's getting over it.

This morning I found a soft shelled egg and a fart egg under her roosting spot. I did switch her from Layer feed to Grower/Finisher two weeks ago as I introduced a few teenagers to the group.

She has access to oyster shells but she doesn't really like them. She loves crushed egg shells. But so do the babies.

So I guess I really need to look at her feed and see if that is the issue.

Back
Top Bottom