Club Foot!!!???!!!???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ilikechickens!, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Ilikechickens!

Ilikechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    COLARADO
    How do u cure it He/She is just a day old!?!?!? OH NO! is he going to Die?????!!!!!!!

HELP HELP HELP HELP [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Will she survive? PLZ im DESPRIT!

2. OurLittleFarm

OurLittleFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    South Western PA
    If he is getting around he should be fine. I don't know if there is a cure or not. Maybe someone else will know. But I wanted to let you know that we have a hen with a club foot (we affectionately call her Clubby) and she gets around just as good as the others. Don't know how old she is we are guessing around 7. I hope this helps calms your fears a little.

3. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    what exactly do you mean by "club" foot? Are the toes are curled up? Are the legs spraddled? If only curly toes then you can try three drops of polyvisol once a day for a week into beak and then taper off the next as curled-toe paralysis is often helped by giving the B vitmain specifically assoc with this... also tape the foot in the proper shape by making a shoe for it.

4. Ilikechickens!

Ilikechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    COLARADO
    The Toes are curled into a fist. We're trying a smooth cardboard peice the size of a dime. we taped it to his foot with his toes stretched out. its working wonderfully!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by