CluckCluckLuke's Diary - Starting on 4/26/13. Daily Read.

cluckcluckluke

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 10, 2012
The Foothills Of Chickendom
My family have started getting a bit board with my daily chicken stories
lol.png
. Not because the stories are boring but because they are not interested in all the little things chickens do....unlike me
big_smile.png

So I would like to start an online Diary to share with all the great BYC members and staff.

Please come in and say Hi or I'm here to read etc. Just so I know I'm not talking to my self
smile.png

Then sit back and hopefully get a nice little daily story about my flock and my life with them.

4/26/13- Today I was planting some corn in the chicken run when I felt a flapping of wings on my heel. I turned around to find Pew Pew, my young White Leghorn rooster on top of one of the girls. I was surprised at how close he was doing that to me
D.gif
Later today I was just standing, watching my flock when again another wings flapping on my leg. I looked down to find Pew Pew on another hen
lol.png
. It was like he was trying to show me how good he was at it all....A real Class A act Pew Pew.

( Pew Pew is my young WLH rooster, he has just started to crow and do other rooster like things, so this was my first time seeing him mating )

CluckCluckLuke.

Last edited:
4/27/13- Today I had a great clean out of my coop, nest box etc. It actually looks so good.lol.

I had just finished fighting of mites, so today was the first time in a while that I put sawdust down on the ground with straw on the top.
The flock had a great time scratching around in it.

I also made a fire in the coop
hide.gif
.lol. I made a small fire then put fresh leaves over the top to smoke the coop out just to make sure all the motes died. It was actually so smokey in there. To thick to breathe.

Another good day
big_smile.png

4/28/13 - This morning Pew Pew woke me up...We had just been saying how good he was at NOT crowing in the morning. But I guess he has now started. At least it was only at 6:30. I usually get up at 6:00 so I think he was telling me to get down there and let him out.lol.

Apart from that not a lot happened. It was a good sunny day and the chickens were happy.

I am still waiting on my Marans pullets to lay, I absolutely cannot wait!

He wants a to keep you on your toes
big_smile.png
.ok,now this gonna sound dumb,American,silly,and weird. Do you have that neat Australian accent? I told you it was gonna be stupid&American!!!

haha, Sure does.

Well..kinda.lol. I am half English, so my English accent comes out sometimes as well.lol.

I don't think I have a an accent but you probably think I do
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom